Welcome to Scrappy Go Lucky! This is my little niche for scrapbooking, crafting, and anything creative. :)

Friday, February 28, 2014

New- Newborn Baby Scrapbook Layout

DSC_0383 (2)

I really had been out of the scrapbook scene last year for the most part. I made only a handful of layouts and always crafted randomly. I wasn’t completely oblivious to the fad of hexagons, octagons, and geometric shapes all over though. ;) I’m not sure if I jumped unto that fad train too late but whatevs. Art knows no time. :)

My sweet baby girl was just 2 days old in this photo. Newborn. :) She was sleeping peacefully in her baby bouncer while we all watched her and took a million pictures. ;) When I look over at her right now, playing with paper and trying to figure out how to open a glue bottle, she just makes me realize how fast it all passes by. How can this once little tiny baby be 25 months old already today??? She’s kind of a mini-me and big-sis by the way. ;)

I used an old 12x12 paper stack base as a background. I save all kind of salvageable paper and knick knacks. ;) I thought this paper gave me a neutral craft paper look. I accented with a cluster of prima flowers, bit of twine, a vintage doily, doodling, and some homemade geo shapes.

DSC_0387 (2)

Since I didn’t have a premade template ready and I wanted to do this hexagon thing, I ended up making my own geo hexagon template for later use. I printed off a variety of hexagons in different sizes and then cut around a few so I could have a few different sizes to use for my next project. I bet this would work for card making. :)

DSC_0392 (2)

Do you ever make your own template when you are in a hurry? Any particular brand that you like for templates?

I’m so glad you came by! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I am lurking....OMG, I need to save a few boxes so I can make this template (and more) -who knew I could use this for masking!!! and ps-time does go by fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting new comments always makes me smile! :) Thanks for coming by!